Tuesday, October 23, 2007

HW 23 "Has anything really changed at all"

“With Apologies to Virginia Woolf”

I am in disbelief of what I am reading. I don’t know wether to be filled with happiness or sorrow. A women hitting a man and getting away with it, well that seems out the question. I do belive that men think they are less vonurable to get hit so why not hit them? I know to some that might seem cruel and inamaginable but from what I had to go through in my past I am in shock. Don’t get me wrong I think there has got to be a better way to work things out, but it is suprising to see how the roles are starting to change. Well back in my day women were getting beaten from their fathers, loved ones, and just men in general for not following “female roles”. It seems to me now that things are starting to change. Women have had enough of the orders and unfairness that they are treated with, its our turn for people to start taking us seriously and if that means hitting a man to wake him up a little bit, then for all means wake him up!. I think this blog is quite histerical until I came across one of the readers who stated “Notice how when women are in abusive relationships they tend to blame themselves, but when a guy gets smacked by two different girlfriends, feminism must be at fault? Yeah.” I started to have relapses of when I had to give a speech on women and fiction. Maybe things aren’t changing in the macroscopic view of things. I mean sure some minor thing might be changing but when you look at the bigger picture has anything really changed at all?

No comments: