Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hw 10

“A weblog that saved my life” which was an interview with Ayelet Waldman was a very interesting read. I was surprised to find out that this author and mother of four children had a blog. It was kind of disturbing to see what she wrote on her blogs. This reading actually made me not want to have a blog because I don’t want to see things about sex life, suicide and personal problems in other people’s lives. I think she took blogging too far. I agree with Waldman up to a point, that blogs do help people get their worries and problems out. However I cannot accept the way she put herself out there on blogs. Maybe that’s just because I have never experienced or felt the way she has, and maybe the blog is what she needed for her cry of help. I’m of two minds about Waldman’s claims. On one hand I agree that blogs really do help people out especially women who are going through pregnancy or rough times and you just need someone to talk to. On the other hand I’m not sure if I would put myself out their like that. I don’t know if I would preach how I’m feelings or my worries to people I don’t even know. She however was lucky with what she did because like she said it probably saved her life.