Tuesday, September 25, 2007

HW 11

I chose to look up the blog holder [holder.com]. This blog is all about the problems that Iran has to face and is facing with in today’s society. I don’t really understand a lot of what I was reading during this blog because I am not familiar with these problems. The blog has some pictures on it and has a lot of different blogs on it. Some of the blogs are in a different language. Some of the blog posts are topics like “Rejecting military attack shows nothing about where one stands. The right question is if one approves or disapprove of the economic sanctions” or “Ahmad Zeidabadi's comment on a recent post on his (and many others') attempt these days to paint Rafsanjani as a moderate.” MacKinnon states that hoder’s blog is “responsible for triggering thousands of Persian blogs both within Iran and amongst the Iranian Diaspora”. She also says that these blogs are one of the few places that young Iranians can speak their minds. I agree with what MacKinnon says. I think it does give young Iranians a place to speak their minds and they get a chance to see what others think about the issues and concerns that they have to deal with. Although I grant that some young Iranians might be a little taken back from this blog or scared to post, I still maintain that its good way to get young people from Iran a place to talk.

No comments: