Monday, September 10, 2007

HW 4 "The Voice of the Customer"

The brand I chose was Olay Body. It’s a moisturizing lotion that i use. On the lotion it states that its promise is that its lasting moisturization to break the cycle of dry skin it also goes on to say that it helps repair skin's natural moisture barrier for long term dryness relief and it leaves skin looking naturaling radiant. When I looked this product up online on its main home page it stated the same thing "The power to break the cycle of dry skin". It states that it goes beyond basic mositurization.My experience using this lotion has kept its promises. I do believe that it breaks the cycle of dry skin and it is a very dependable moisturizer. However I don’t know if it "goes beyond basic mositurization, I don’t know who would be the judge of that.I think it’s important that brands keep their promises espically on their blogs. After reading "The Voice of the Customer" I read about all of stories where brands lost a lot of their customers after breaking their promises. For example a bike company that didn’t have reliable locks was pointed out on the blogs. (Kryptonite) The bike company had to give back all free locks to the consumers.So to wrap things up I do believe that Olay Body lotion breaks the cycle of dry skin and fulfills their promises.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nicely done.
Don't forget to spell-check.